Did you know that the skin is the largest organ of the body? Your skin blocks germs, illness, and other harmful elements from entering your body, so it’s important to take care of it! Skincare is not vanity. It is cancer prevention, it is infection prevention, and it is self-care. So, how do we take care of our skin?
In an effort to promote holistic health and wellness, Snoqualmie Valley Health opened Snoqualmie Med Aesthetics and Wellness within one of our Primary Care clinics. Seasoned Provider and Executive, Dr. Tammy Moore, works with patients of all ages to build holistic wellness into their life by integrating primary care and aesthetics. Our clinic offers services including skincare consultations, chemical peels, microneedling, and more! Let’s take a look at the different routines and benefits of these services:
For people who would like to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars and skin discoloration, Chemical Peels can be a perfect solution. By removing layers of existing skin, the peel allows new skin to grow back with a smoother appearance and reduction in hyperpigmentation caused by skin damage and acne scarring. At Snoqualmie Med Aesthetics and Wellness, we offer a variety of VI Chemical Peels to target your specific skin needs.
- VI Peel Precision Plus is a medium-depth peel that works to suppress melanogenesis (the process in which the pigment melanin is produced) at the source. This peel is best for fixing sun damage, melasma, and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus is great for addressing current breakouts and scars as well as the pigmentation they leave behind. This peel clears away dead skin cells and excess oils to speed up clarity and prevention of breakouts.
- VI Peel Purify treats the many triggers and symptoms of acne. It sweeps away skin cells known to clog pores, clears out old and debris trapped deep within pores and more.
- VI Peel Body is the first-of-its-kind, non-invasive and pain free. The peel stimulates anti-aging collagen to increase cellular turnover, addressing skin concerns such as pigmentation and fine lines, body acne, scars from acne, surgeries and injuries, stretch marks, and sagging skin.
Book a free skin consultation to learn more and determine if chemical peels are right for you!
Our medical grade skincare carrier, Alastin, has incredible products that include TriHex Technology. TriHex technology is a blend of active peptides and key ingredients that work with the skin to remove damaged elastin and collagen. TriHex Technology also supports the skin’s natural ability to produce new, healthy elastin and collagen. If used daily, TriHex Technology supports the replenishment of new, healthy elastin and collagen to maintain smoother, healthier, more youthful-looking skin. Looking to up your daily skincare routine? Here are some of Alastin’s best Daily Restorative Skincare products to add to your routine:
- Gentle Cleanser
- Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology
- HA IMMERSE Serum
- Restorative Eye Treatment with TriHex Technology
- HydraTint Pro Mineral Sunscreen SPF 36
Shop the full collection here!
If you’re looking for something more affordable and accessible, products from Cerave, Cetaphil, or The Ordinary are available at drug stores and use ingredients that are kind to the skin. If you are interested in learning more about your skin or would like to get started on your skincare journey, book a free consultation!
Microneedling is best used to change the texture of your skin. Whether you have scarring, wrinkles or crepey skin, microneedling uses the body’s own reparative process to create collagen and elastin. To see results, you should receive at least three to four microneedling treatments, spaced out every four to six weeks. Spacing your treatments out allows your skin some time to heal, since the complete healing process can take about four weeks for the average person. Despite the longer healing time, you will be back to “business as usual” after about 48 hours post procedure.
At Snoqualmie Med Aesthetics and Wellness, we offer microneedling used in conjunction with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to reverse hyperpigmentation, sun damage, large pores, skin texture irregularities and age spots. By using your own cells, PRP boosts the effects of microneedling. Interested in trying it out or learning more? Set up a free consultation to learn more about treatment options and what will work best for you.
At Snoqualmie Med Aesthetics and Wellness, we want to ensure you are receiving personalized care that is accessible and easy to follow. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (425) 873-8123 or submit a request through our website.
Remember to cleanse daily, wear your SPF, and stay hydrated!
Patient results. VI Derm. (n.d.). https://vipeel.com/pages/patient-results
Remove, rebuild, & replenish with TriHex Technology®. ALASTIN Skincare. (n.d.). https://alastin.com/pages/trihex-technology
Werbowski , K. (n.d.). How often should I get microneedling treatments?. Skin Spa New York. https://skinspanewyork.com/blogs/news/how-often-should-i-get-microneedling-treatmentsShare